IMCOM Army Continuing Education System ACES logo

GoArmyEd Portal

All soldiers must now request Tuition Assistance through the GoArmyEd portal at If you are a new college student or a new portal user, you must see an Army education counselor before enrolling in courses. New college students should view the narrated slide presentation "College 101" (opens in New Window, 60MB file) and research college programs prior to seeing a counselor.

In order to receive TA, soldiers must choose a degree program from a nationally or regionally accredited school. All schools listed in the GoArmyEd portal are either nationally or regionally accredited.

To view college programs in the portal, click on the plus sign beside "Earn a Degree or Credential", and then click on "Colleges and Programs" on the left side of the screen. You do not need to apply for a password to view college degree programs. Colleges displayed in GoArmyEd fall into one of two categories, LOI or non-LOI. LOI schools are those who have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Army Continuing Education System (ACES) and therefore, you may receive up front TA for college courses that fit within approved degree programs offered by these colleges. These colleges and their degree programs may be viewed by clicking on the college name, listed in alphabetical order near the top of the "Colleges and Programs" webpage.

Non-LOI schools are those that do not have a Memorandum of Understanding with ACES, and therefore, you will be required to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed for courses that fit within your designated degree program from these colleges. You will be required to fill out reimbursement forms and submit them online prior to the beginning of any college course you are interested in taking. A list of these colleges may be found on the "Colleges and Programs" webpage under "View Non-LOI Schools". Information on degree programs from non-LOI schools is not available through the GoArmyEd portal; however, most colleges have websites and can be found by entering the college name in a search engine on the Internet. Please note that there may be other non-LOI schools; in other words nationally or regionally accredited schools that have not yet been added to the non-LOI school list.

The "College and Programs" webpage also contains a list of non-LOI schools that will shortly become LOI schools. This will allow soldiers who previously had to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed for courses to receive up front TA in future. To view these schools, click on "Future LOI Schools" on the "Colleges and Programs" webpage.

All new students are encouraged to research colleges and programs and select a degree program and college prior to seeing an Army education counselor. Please consider your work schedule and learning style when choosing a degree program and college. Soldiers who deploy frequently may want to consider a college and degree program that will allow distance learning courses, while those who require structure and close instruction may want to choose a degree program offered through classroom study.

Footer Gradient